Issues after delivery
Issues are rare but here are some issues that crop up occasionally.
- Sticky or slow keys
- Keys getting stuck on the practise felt
- Notes ringing on longer than they should. Please jot down “Damper regulation” for the tuner to address during your free 1st tuning.
- The key won’t turn in the lock: Spray in some WD40 and keep wiggling the key gently in the keyhole.
- Squeaky pedal – Write down this issue and make sure you tell the piano tuner about it when s/he visits for your free first tuning.
- Buzzing notes
- The soft pedal doesn’t do anything
All pianos need time to settle down after delivery due to the difference in temperature and humidity between our showroom and your home. The days and weeks after delivery are the most common times for the above issues to appear. Please make a list of any issues that you find in the days and weeks after delivery and show the list to the piano tuner when he arrives to do you free 1st tuning. Make sure you assess the piano thoroughly before the tuner leaves so that s/he can make sure everything is up to standard before s/he leaves.
Any questions or concerns? Please drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist.