Silent Yamaha Pianos for Sale
We can convert any of our Yamaha U1 or Yamaha U3 pianos to silent very quickly and easily and the results are very impressive. The piano becomes a hybrid with acoustic and digital capability.
Which kit do you use and what does it look like?
We use the very latest cutting-edge system from Ad Silent in Germany. It’s a remarkable system.
You can use your Smartphone or Tablet to change many of the settings according to your preferences. Here are some images to give you an idea of what is possible with the app.
[App screengrabs needed]
What does it look like?
Here is the control unit that is mounted on the underside of the keybed to one side. It’s a discrete little unit.
[Control unit photo goes here]
You can download the user manual here
How much does it cost and how long does conversion take?
The conversion costs £1300 and takes us 2 days to finish. If your chosen piano is from our London showroom then it will take us a few days longer as we have to first bring the piano to our Manchester warehouse workshop. There is no extra cost for moving the piano from London to our Manchester workshop.
Does it affect the touch?
The system uses optical sensors to detect key movements so there is no effect on the weight of the action. The hammers do have to be moved ever so slightly to make way for the mute rail that catches the hammers preventing them from hitting the strings when in silent mode. So there is a theoretical difference to the action setup but we’ve never had any complaints about the action feeling different after the conversion, even from highly accomplished concert pianists.
Does it replace the practise pedal?
The silent conversion process does not affect the practise pedal. You still get to keep the middle pedal functionality which lowers a piece of felt in front of the strings lowering the piano’s volume significantly.
Best Features of the system
Some of these features require the smartphone/tablet app which connects to the control unit via Bluetooth
- 88 key sensors 100% touchless (optical)
- 3 Pedal sensors as standard 100% touchless (optical)
- 247 Note polyphony
- Piano sound with 9 sample layers and 128 dynamiс levels
- 8 Preset User Sounds (Memory spaces for preferred combinations of sound and settings)
- A total of 127 sounds, including 5 x piano, 4 x e-piano, 1 x harpsichord, 1 x church organ, 8 other organ sounds
- Sound controls: tone, reverb, effect (chorus, rotary), delay, 4 band equalizer, transpose
- Metronome settings: beat, tempo, volume
- Recordings: 10 memory banks
- 10 Demo songs
- General settings for touch control (dynamic), note repeat limit, black key volume, individual key volume, tuning, auto sensor calibration, pedal switch point, key depth (upper and lower limits), continuous note-on, brightness of the control panel, piano type, tuning curve
- Bluetooth MIDI
- Control buttons for tone, metronome, recording, play, combined volume/on/off knob
- 2 × 3.5mm headphone jacks
- 3.5mm stereo line out
- Tuning: 440Hz +/- 13Hz
- 5 x LEDs indicating activity
- Control box with an adjustable viewing angle
- Control box dimensions: B: 143mm T: 79mm H: 27 mm
This page is under construction. Here is the task list:
- Link to user manual (done)
- Embed some photos of the app (done)
- List of the product main features (done)
- Link to Ad Silent website (done)
- Photo of the unit installed onto one of our pianos in our showroom
- Video demo