Yamaha YU3S upright piano review and information
The Yamaha YU3S is a piano that is hard to find, but one we always keep an eye out for. It has a ‘silent’ feature, which means headphones can be plugged in! If you have any technical info or corrections for this article, please email email@example.com.
The pros of buying a Yamaha YU3S
- It follows in the tradition of the U-models. So you know you’re getting a piano you can rely on.
- It has a ‘silent’ option, making it perfect for ambitious students.
- It has a simple cabinet design, which is wonderful for the accoustics.
- It’s a full-sized upright at 131cm tall. Taller is better when it comes to pianos.
- It is crafted from high-quality materials and is made to last a life time.
What are the cons of buying a YU3S?
- The Yamaha YU3S is incredibly difficult to find.
- It isn’t much different to the Yamaha U3, but you will pay a lot more for the ‘Silent’ option.
When was it produced?
The YU3S was manufactured in 1997
Where was it made?
All the U series Yamaha pianos come from Yamaha’s best factory in Hamamatsu, Japan. Yamaha makes all of its professional grade of pianos at this factory, including its concert grand, the CFX, which sells for £140k.
What differences between similarly named models?
This is an upgrade to the Yamaha U3, and the only real difference is that this piano comes with that Silent option. The YU3SXG is a slight upgrade to this, it has an X frame, which makes the piano more stable, and is fitted with a disklavier system.
Don’t just take my word for it, here is what Shelley Piano, a piano shop in Singapore says about the YU3S
“Because the YU3S is a variation of U3 —- it can house longer strings which result in a warmer, richer sound. Thanks to comprehensive redesign, these world-standard instruments are better than ever, with numerous advances in materials and construction.”
Who should buy them?
The silent option is perfect for those ambitious students, while the quality will suit even the best concert pianist.
Will I need to upgrade at some point?
No, this piano will likely outlast you!
New and used prices.
A used YU3S will likely cost around £7500. Around 30% more than the U3 model, which would make an excellent alternative.
Alternative models to consider similar to this.
An alternative models to the YU3S is the YU3, which is virtually the same, minus the silent feature.
BUY BUY BUY, you won’t regret it.
Looking to buy?
To see our current stock list, click here.
Sign up to our email newsletter, and we will keep you updated.
I hope this summary was helpful to you, and as always your feedback, thoughts and questions are welcomed, so don’t hesitate to reach out.