Yamaha YUS1 upright piano review and information
The Yamaha YUS1 is an upgraded version of the professional grade Yamaha U1. This is a top of the range piano for those who need something to fit a smaller space, but still want an amazing touch and tone. If you have any technical info or corrections for this article, please email email@example.com.
The pros of buying a Yamaha YUS1
- It is based on the coveted U-series, with a few little upgrades, so you know you’re getting a fantastic piano.
- It is shorter than the full-sized models, but still has long enough strings to produce a great sound, perfect for those fitting a piano in their living spaces or who have a smaller studio or classroom.
- It is made to see you through a lifetime and is made with the very best materials.
What are the cons of buying a Yamaha YUS1?
- The Yamaha YUS1 is an expensive piano. You’ll pay a lot for what is essentially an upgraded Yamaha U1.
- It has a great sound, but its still a smaller piano, with shorter strings. A full-sized model, like the Yamaha U3 or YUS3 would have an even better sound.
When was it produced?
The YUS3 is still being made today and can be bought brand new.
Where was it made?
All the best Yamaha pianos come from Yamaha’s factory in Hamamatsu, Japan and the Yamaha YUS1 is no exception. Yamaha makes all of its top range pianos at this factory, including its concert grand, the CFX, which sells for £140k.
Don’t just take my word for it, here is a quote from a forum on Piano World -
“Given my rather positive experience with YUS1… I am quite inclined to getting it. Hope your experience with YUS1 is as enjoyable as mine.” –
“The difference in materials and in labor put into YUS1 make for a different playing experience in comparison to the standard U1. The contrast is subtle, so beginners might not feel there is much difference between them, but many experienced players prefer the YUS1.” http://forum.pianoworld.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/2837384/yamaha-yus1-vs-u1-both-new.html
Who should buy them?
This piano is great for those who want the best piano but don’t have the space for a Yamaha U3 or Yamaha YUS3. If you want a piano that will last a lifetime and see you through your grades and beyond, then this is a great piano for you.
Will I need to upgrade at some point?
No, you won’t need to, this piano will last a lifetime… However you may find yourself wanting something taller, with a deeper tone in the base.
New and used prices.
The Yamaha YUS1 has an RRP of £11,000 and you can get a reconditioned one for around £8000.
Alternative models to consider similar to this.
As mentioned above, the U1 is a downgraded version of this piano, with a much lower price tag. You could also try and go bigger, the Yamaha U3 or Yamaha YUS3 would give you an even better range of tone.
If you have the budget, buy it, buy it now. If not, a Yamaha U1 will make you very happy too.
Looking to buy?
To see our current stock list, click here.
Sign up to our email newsletter, and we will keep you updated.
I hope this summary was helpful to you, and as always your feedback, thoughts and questions are welcomed, so don’t hesitate to reach out.